Friday 4 June 2010

End of May

The allotment is loving this sunshine although it is taking a lot of watering at the moment.
Peas and Broad beans 2 weeks ago
Now have flowers and skinny pea pods.

Sweetcorn was planted, this year I've planted in 2 rows rather than blocks the netting is just in place for the time being because of the pheasant.
2 weeks later & it's growing well next to the Butternut squash & the runner beans.
I continued to earth up the spuds until the 3rd week of May then realised that I would have 3 mountains in the field if I carried on!

The Courgettes, Marrows, Pumpkins, Butternut and Pattypan squashes were planted.
Courgettes now have plenty of buds on them.
Ruby Chard and red cabbage.
And again a week later.
Salad, carrots and parsnips in the raised bed.
Has certainly sprung into life.
And in the shed/greenhouse Basil,
One of many Chilli plants, I have peppers as well but can't find the photo.
Cucumbers, it's the first time that I've grown cucumbers from seed so I'm chuffed with these so far. I have 6 in large pots.
I have 9 Tomato and 5 cherry tomato plants inside and the surplus are all outside.
L has also picked and eaten quite a few radishes from her little patch!

No comments:

Post a Comment